I am always searching high and low for ways that our guests can make the most of our wine land paradise, so I hope you’ll have a chance to enjoy one or two of these options, whether or not you’re done with your Christmas shopping! Here’s a look at what’s happening December 23rd…
~Melia Pavloff, Director of Hospitality
1) Family Weekend at Dutton Goldfield Estate Winery, 10am to 4:30pm, 3100 Gravenstein Hwy North, Sebastopol
2 for 1 tasting for Sonoma County residents. They’ll be pouring two library wines, their Happy Ending dessert wine, and a new release of their Pinot.
2) Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle at Amista Vineyards, 11am to 4:30pm, 3320 Dry Creek Road, Healdsburg
It’s all Sparkles at Amista Vineyards in December! Experience estate-grown sparkling wines made in the traditional Methode Champenoise.
3) “Magical Toyland” Exhibit, Healdsburg Museum & Historical Society, 11am to 4pm, 221 Matheson Street, Healdsburg – FREE admission
The highlight of this year’s exhibit will be an extraordinary dollhouse, all decked out for Christmas. It is exquisitely detailed, fully furnished and remarkable in every way. Visitors will also discover a miniature winter wonderland, a Victorian-era child’s bedroom on “The Night Before Christmas,” as well as many other toys and games from the 1860s to the 1960s. Exhibit open through January 6, 2013.
4) “Peanuts Celebrations” Exhibit at Charles M. Schulz Museum, 11am to 5pm, 2301 Hardies Lane, Santa Rosa – $10 adults/$5 youth & seniors
Enjoy all the yearly holidays celebrated in the classic Peanuts comic strips in this exhibit of 70 originals.
5) Holiday Crafts at Francis Ford Coppola Winery, 12pm to 3pm, 300 Via Archimedes, Geyserville – $5 per person
Bring the family to the winery for festive holiday crafts. Possible activities offered include snowflake-making, snow globe creating, cookie decorating and more. All ages welcome.
6) Live Music at Ancient Oak Cellars (inside of Corrick’s), 12pm to 3pm, 637 4th Street, Santa Rosa
Enjoy local guitarist Kirby Wilkerson perform while wine tasting.
7) Live Music at Truett Hurst Winery, 1pm to 5pm, 5610 Dry Creek Road, Healdsburg – $5 tasting fee waived with wine purchase
Come hear Alex May perform as you enjoy sustainably produced wines by the pour or by the glass.
So get out there and have some fun today!